01/06/2020 0 Comments
Things You Should Know About Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are one of the most common restorative techniques. Dentists usually recommend dental crown treatment when a tooth is completely damaged and needs to be replaced. At Durham Dental Centres, we offer expert dental care and use the latest technology to treat our patients. Our services include cosmetic dentistry, tooth coloured fillings, orthodontics (braces), teeth whitening, implants, root canals and dentures.
Four Things to Know About Dental Crowns
Things you should know before undergoing dental crown treatment are:
What are crowns?
Dental crowns are prosthetic devices that can be used as an implant or as an attachment to a tooth. Dental crowns, also called dental caps, are used to cover damaged teeth. When your dentist performs the dental crown treatment, the crown is first placed on your teeth and then cemented to perfection. This implant is permanent and it encloses the tooth creating problems. It will help restore your beautiful smile and solve the dental issues that you’ve been facing.
Why do you need a crown?
Dental crowns serve the following purposes:
· Weak teeth are protected from breaking and cracking by the cap that holds them together
· Teeth that have worn out can be restored by using crowns
· Dental crowns provide support to dental bridges, which help keep two teeth healthy and in place
What are the different kinds of crowns available?
The different kinds of crowns available are:
· Ceramo-metal crown: These crowns are considered long last and can be less expensive than others options.
· Gold crown: Gold has been used in dentistry for more than 4,000 years. Gold is often combined with other metals to increase its strength. While not natural looking gold crowns last a very long time.
· Porcelain crown: Porcelain is very popular due to it being the most natural looking. They are not as strong as other options but because of their looks are most often used on front teeth.
How much do dental crowns cost?
The price of a crown depends on the material it is made of and the location in the jaw and the number of crowns needed. Every case is unique, so it is best to contact us to schedule a consultation. If you have dental insurance, you may receive coverage. We can help you determine this when you visit.
Contact Durham Dental Centres to get dental crowns!