29/07/2016 0 Comments
Cosmetic Dentistry: Is it Possible to Have a Perfect Smile?
Cosmetic dentistry is both an art and a science. It can vastly improve the look of your smile and it can also restore proper functioning as well.
Cosmetic dentistry takes years of specialized training to perfect the many procedures available. From whitening teeth to entirely reshaping teeth, cosmetic dentistry requires a dentist with a good eye for detail, a complete understanding of dental anatomy and a mastery of the tools at their disposal.
At Durham Dental Centres, our highly skilled cosmetic dentists can create the smile you’ve always wanted.
Available Treatments in Cosmetic Dentistry
If you’re considering cosmetic dentistry in Ajax, here are some of the procedures available to restore your youthful smile.
- Teeth whitening. Teeth turn yellow due to the foods and drinks we consume as well as the natural wearing of enamel over time. Getting your teeth whitened is a relatively inexpensive way to beautify your smile.
- Tooth-coloured fillings. Replace old unsightly metal fillings with dental composite resins that are indistinguishable from the natural colour of your teeth.
- Composite bonding. For chipped, discolored or slightly decayed teeth, the same resin that improves the look of fillings can reshape damaged teeth for a polished appearance.
- Porcelain veneers. Designed to mimic natural tooth enamel, veneers are hard porcelain laminates that adhere to the surface of your teeth. They correct a variety of dental imperfections, such as gaps or discoloration and last longer than bonding.
- Porcelain crowns. Fitted over natural teeth, crowns improve the look of misshapen, weak or broken teeth. An option for heavily damaged teeth is to replace them entirely by natural looking permanent porcelain crowns.
- Bridges. Bridges replace missing teeth with artificial teeth made of gold, alloys, porcelain or a combination. Often referred to as partial dentures, they are held in place by connecting the artificial teeth to the natural teeth on either side. Permanent or ‘fixed’ bridges are also an option. Not only does this improve the appearance but also restores proper functioning of your teeth.
Whether you’re new to the area or looking for new dental services performed by experienced caring dental staff, Durham Dental Centres are your trusted source for cosmetic dentistry in the area.
There is nothing that gives us greater joy than seeing a patient look in awe at their reflection and ask, “Why didn’t I do this sooner?”
To see how cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve that perfect smile, book a consultation at one of our locations in Ajax, Whitby or Pickering today.